Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's been a long time...

...but I am back to add to the blog. Sorry for the delay, but with three classes, two kids, and one full time job (plus 33 more Rockets games to attend), my time is pretty limited.

Since my last post, we had home games against New York, San Antonio, Chicago, Washington, Memphis, and Minnesota. I will talk about each of the games and some of the things that happened with the Rowdies in each.

For the New York game, I was a bit disappointed to see that Steve Francis was injured and not playing. I would have loved to give him an ovation even if everyone else in the Toybox booed. For me, Steve gave us our first playoff win in the Toyota Center almost singlehandedly, was the representative for the Draft Lottery in which we won the right to draft Yao, and had enough trade value to land TMac. Francis brings a lot more good memories than bad for me. The Rowdies were well represented that night and the Toybox was nearly full since it was a Friday night. We poured a heap of jeers and catcalls on a Knicks fan who was seated near our section (as usual) and were thrilled to see the good guys pull out a W.

The San Antonio game was also a lot of fun except that I got my sign taken away because it was too big (55"X48"). Here is what it looked like...


Oh well. We still had a great time poking fun at the Spers fans, particularly while we were up by 18. Not so wonderful in the end result, but we still had a great time. We'll get our sweet revenge on December 22! Here are some images from the game...

The Three Amigos with a red-haired fan

Four more Rowdies

Jessica with her Rowdy guests

Some of us are truly NUTS!

Courtney and Jessica

Me and the crew

The aftermath


Continued in the next post...

No comments: